Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Serving in the Industry

End of the year is here and I am wiped. Some personal and family stuff, but mostly just the loneliness of working in the industry. It's not always easy to put on that smile everyday, even if faking it til you make it actually does make you feel better. 

Sometimes it gets to me. Serving others during the Holidaze. Seeing families come together, loved ones and friends. Seeing relationships bloom while my seeds dry out in the barren ground. When will it be my turn? When will I be one of the happy laughing couple? When will I have the time, energy and money to devote spare thoughts to someone else. Someone other than the line of insistent money waving people who want me to drop everything to take thier picture at the bar. Even in the selfies I leave in thier camera, my smile looks forced and strained. 

It's been a rough couple of months with sickness, heartache and betrayal. But none of that happened at work, thankfully. But when you realize that work is your refuge from the monotony of your personal life, it's gotta bring you down, right?

My dog has been a wonderful distraction. She is a life saver, for sure. And through her eyes I feel capable of being loved again. Some guy would be so lucky to get the two of us girls. We are pretty awesome. And ready for some heavy petting. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love your beautiful smile. Hope you find true happiness real soon !!