Friday, October 30, 2015

Barnacle Daiquiri

I wanted to be in Red Hook today.  I wanted to go to the Barnacle Parade.  I wanted to surprise the crew at Fort Defiance and have a tiki drink with Zac Overman.  I wanted to shake daiquiris behind the bar.  But money, timing and a real bad ear infection seemed to conspire against me.  So I made this daiquiri as a whim, inspired by Cassie's, my co-worker, version with a mist of absinthe in the glass and the white rum split with Red Hook riesling.  Yes!  A wine cocktail!  And its delicious!

Below is the recipe and the video I made to send to St John and Zac at the Fort.

Barnacle Daiquiri

1 oz Red Hook Riesling
1 oz white rum
3/4 oz simple syrup
1 oz lime juice
mist of absinthe

Shake all but absinthe and strain into a chilled cocktail glass misted with absinthe.  Yhay Absinthe!

No comments: