Friday, July 24, 2015

Life After Tales of the Cocktail

Just add gin and Campari...
My friend Lee saddles up to my bar on the last day of Tales.

"Abigail, can you make a Negroni?"

"Is this a joke?", I snap.

"I have really been enjoying them lately and I though maybe you would know how to make one."

"Come here and let me kiss you, you wonderful beautiful man!"

Yes, of course I can make a Negroni.  And when a riverboat captain comes into my bar on the last day of Tales to ask if I can make one because he has recently discovered that he likes them, I am reminded why I learned to make Negronis.  And Boulivardiers and Americanos and all those other cocktails.  We have started a movement.  And while it is fun to celebrate ourselves and nerd out about ice and pat our selves on the back with awards, I am glad I have friends like Lee who remind me why I am really doing this.. who I am reaching out to and how important those people are the other 361 days it is not "Tales".

Thank you Lee.  I hope you enjoyed your Negronis and come back for more.


1 comment:

Bill Covitz said...

You are a class act, Miss Abigail, a real class act!